What Can I Do For You?
When you enlist me to help, my first job is to consult with you to find out what you already know about your roots, and what you would like to find out.
From there, I search records to support the information that you already have, and start to build your tree. There is no point my doing research on facts that may in fact not be fact. Throughout the process, I will be in contact with you, to ensure that I am spending our time wisely trying to find out exactly what you, the client, wants to know. This is very important because it is very easy to get distracted and take your research in the wrong direction. Clear communication is very important.
At the conclusion of my research, I provide you with a summary of all my findings.
Although the internet has made it much easier for people to start tracing ancestors, there are still many good reasons for hiring a professional genealogist! However, the personal satisfaction of doing it yourself is immense. Working with me is a bit of both, your consulted along the way..and are involved without having to do the mundane searches.
Who can benefit from my services?
- Anyone with an interest in researching their family tree, with specific interest in Canada, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Wales, Scotland and Holland.
- Anyone who wants to learn about their family’s history, but doesn’t have the time to do it on their own.
- Those who have some knowledge of their ancestors, but would like to learn more information on them and to enhance that information with historical documentation.
- A professional genealogy researcher often has access to records that may not be available to everyone.
- A professional genealogist knows which resources are the best to search at different points in history.
- A professsional researcher will have a pool of known and trusted British and Scottish genealogists who can be called upon to search local archives.
- A professional genealogist is experienced in reading old handwriting which the amateur may often find difficult.
- A professional genealogist will understand various forms of vocabulary and terminology in areas such as job descriptions or medical diagnosis.
- You will save time and possibly money, by not waiting for or acquiring unnecessary documents.
- Tracing ancestors is not quite as easy as it looks on TV
- I am able to transcribe and translate documents from French into English.
I love helping.